Student refunds are available by direct deposit or by check. Checks are mailed and can no longer be picked up at the Business Office.
When a refund is being processed, students will receive an email notification to their MCC student email address. The notification will include the date your direct deposit will be deposited into your bank account, or when your refund check will be mailed.
The College now offers direct deposit as a more convenient means of providing refunds to students. Refunds of Pell Grants, Student Loans, and other credit balances can be directly deposited into an account of your choice! (Note: This is an additional refund option which is optional not manditory.)
Benefits to you:
- It's secure - no lost, misplaced, or stolen paper checks.
- Eliminates mailing time especially for out-of-district students.
- No mailing delays due to change of address or forwarding orders.
- Saves time and fuel by eliminating a trip to the bank.
- No waiting in line at the bank or rushing to get there before it closes.
- It's a cost savings for MCC which in turn benefits all students.
Signing up and updating your information is easy.
- Simply log into your my.montcalm.edu account.
- Choose the "Finances" tab in the dark green bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Student Refund Direct Deposit" link in the gray box on the left.
- Click the "Enter/Update Direct Deposit Information" link.
- Provide the information requested.
- "Start Date" should be the current date.
- An "End Date" is required, so use a date that would be far into the future. (Ex: 6/15/3017) If you should decide to stop your direct deposits, then replace it with the date you would like your deposits to end.
- Read the terms of agreement.
- If you agree with the terms. check "I Agree."
- Click "Save."
Your current direct deposit information on file will then be displayed under the set up link. If the information is not displayed, please contact the Business Office at 989-328-1204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Do I Get My Refund?
Click the following link to get the scheduled student refund dates for all students expecting a refund due to a credit balance on their student account.
Student Refund Schedule 2018-2019.pdf