This convenient, interest-free payment plan is made available to MCC students through Nelnet Business Solutions. The payment plan can be used to pay tuition and fees.
- Automatic bank payments (ACH)
- Credit Card/Debit Card
Cost to Participate
- $25 enrollment fee per semester
- $2 enrollment fee for an immediate full payment
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned for non-sufficient funds
- If a credit/debit card is used, a convenience fee, in addition to the enrollment fee will be assessed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I set up the payment plan?
As soon as you register. The earlier you set it up, the smaller the down payment and the more months you have to make the payments. You must comply with the college due dates for tuition payments in order to remain registered for the semester.
2. How do I set up a payment plan?
Payment plans must be set up through a student's my.montcalm.edu account. After logging in, the payment plan link is found by choosing the Finances tab, then the "Setup/Manage Nelnet Payment Plan" in the green box on the left side of the page.
Select "2021-2022 Fall" from the drop down menu.
Choose "Pay Using Nelnet" and provide information requested.
Note: Be sure to print a confirmation before exiting Nelnet.
3. What do I do if my amount due changes as a result of a registration change after I have set up my payment plan?
Your Nelnet account will automatically adjust to cover your new MCC student account balance,but the adjustments are not immediate. (Updates must be completed in your MCC student account before your Nelnet plan will be updated.)
4. What if I need to change my debit/credit card or bank account information?
Log into your my.montcalm.edu account.
Choose the "Finances" tab.
Choose "Setup/Manage Nelnet Payment Plan" in the green box at the left.
Choose the "Actions" drop down menu.
Choose "Change Financial Account."
5. What if I drop all my classes after I have set up a payment plan?
Your Nelnet account will automatically be adjusted and terminate. Refunds for each semester are processed approximately 1 week after the end of the drop/add period.
6. How do I get a refund of my down payment if financial aid has been applied to my student account?
Your Nelnet plan will automatically be adjusted, and your plan will terminate if your MCC student account balance is zero or below. Any over payments to student accounts as a result of Nelnet payments and estimated financial aid are processed once the Federal and/or State Financial Aid funds are received from the Federal and/or State Government.