- Automatic bank payments (ACH)
- Credit Card/Debit Card
Cost to Participate
- $25 enrollment fee per semester
- $2 enrollment fee for an immediate full payment
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned for non-sufficient funds
- If a credit/debit card is used a convenience fee, in addition to the enrollment fee, will be assessed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I set up the payment plan?
As soon as you register. The earlier you set it up, the
smaller the down payment and the more months you have to make the
payments. You must comply with the college due dates for tuition
payments in order to remain registered for the semester.
2. How do I set up a payment plan?
Payment plans are set up through a student's my.montcalm.edu
account. After logging in, the payment plan link is found by choosing
the Finances tab, then the "Setup/Manage Nelnet Payment Plan" in the
green box on the left side of the page.
Select "2018-2019 Fall" from the drop down menu.
Choose "Please click here to setup or manage your Nelnet Enterprise payment plan" and provide all the information requested.
Note: Be sure to print a confirmation before exiting Nelnet.
3. What do I do if my amount due changes as a result of a registration change after I have set up my payment plan?
Your Nelnet account will automatically adjust to cover your new semester balance, but the adjustments are not immediate. (Updates must be completed in your MCC student account before your Nelnet plan will be updated.)
4. What if I need to change my debit/credit card or bank account information?
Log into your my.montcalm.edu account.
Choose the "Finances" tab.
Choose "Setup/Manage Nelnet Payment Plan" in the green box at the left.
Choose "Please click here to setup or manage your Nelnet Enterprise payment plan."
Choose the "Actions" drop down menu.
Choose "Change Financial Account."
5. What if I drop all my classes after I have set up a payment plan?
Your Nelnet account will automatically be adjusted and terminate.
Refunds for each semester are processed approximately 1 week after the
end of the drop/add period.
6. How do I get a refund of my down payment if financial aid has been applied to my student account?
Your Nelnet plan will automatically be adjusted, and your plan
will terminate if your semester balance is zero or below.
Any overpayments to student accounts as a result of Nelnet payments and
estimated financial aid are processed once the Federal and/or State
Financial Aid funds are received from the Federal and/or State