All CMIS Lab Course Orientations (except CMIS101-01 and CMIS101-03—Computer Literacy) for the Spring 2023 semester may be viewed through the Canvas course website starting Monday, January 16.
Follow these steps to complete the online orientation for all CIS Open Lab courses (except CMIS101—Computer Literacy).
- Once in Canvas, select your open lab course.
- The first module named Orientation in your open lab course contains the materials to complete your orientation. (Example: CMIS100 Orientation, Open Lab Orientation, CMIS100 Syllabus, and CMIS100 Syllabus Quiz)
- After reading the syllabus and orientations you must complete the syllabus quiz.
- You must achieve a score of 80% or better on the syllabus quiz. You may repeat the quiz as many times as needed to achieve the required score.
- NOTE: The coursework modules will not be available, and your orientation will not be finished until you complete the syllabus quiz with a score of 80% or higher.
- The number of hours required to complete your course will depend on computer experience and skills.
An in-person CMIS101 Computer Literacy orientation is required and is worth 50 points. Orientation times are as follows:
CMIS101-01 Computer Literacy (15-week semester)
Tuesday, January 17 10:00-11:30 a.m. Doser 309 & Teams
Wednesday, January 18 9:00-10:30 a.m. Teams Only
Wednesday, January 18 4:00-5:30 p.m. Doser 309 & Teams
Thursday, January 19 7:00-8:30 p.m. Teams Only
CMIS101-03 Computer Literacy (7-week semester)
Monday, January 16 12:00-1:30 p.m. Doser 309 & Teams
Monday, January 16 4:00-5:30 p.m. Teams Only
Tuesday, January 17 7:00-8:30 p.m. Teams Only
Thursday, January 19 12:00-1:30 p.m. Doser 309 & Teams
Please review the available orientation times above to see which one best fits into your schedule. Once you've picked a time, please visit the Canvas site for your class and use the navigation on the left to go to People>Groups (top navigation)>Select Orientation. Please note that some orientations will be Live Online via Microsoft Teams and some are in-person on Sidney’s main campus. Please be sure to download the Teams app from your MCC login screen when joining a Live Online orientation. The Teams link will be sent approximately 12 hours prior to the orientation time.
If you have any questions, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-328-1295.